Sunday, July 14, 2013

A Year is Too Long


It has been one year since being in Haiti and I am yearning to get back to my Haitian friends and family. Not being able to spend time with them at Christmas was hard enough, but not being able to travel there in March for the funeral of our dear friend Kathia, the house mom at Zanfan Lakay, broke my heart. So it is with excitement and anxiousness of heart that I begin my one week countdown till my return to Haiti.

This trip I have the special blessing of taking my 12 year old daughter Tori with me. What a life changing event for a child going into 7th grade. I'm praying that she will be a blessing to our Haitian friends and that she would be touched emotionally and spiritually by her experience there.

We welcome your prayers and well wishes. We will once again be reaching 1500 children with our VBS and we will also be once again moving the boys at Zanfan Lakay to a new home. Along with our teacher training, feeding projects, and all the other jobs we do while in Haiti, this will prove to be our most challenging trip physically. Prayers for health and strength are desired.

So...6 more days until we're off! I'll keep you updated!

"Everything is possible with God!"
Posted from Monica's iPad

1 comment:

  1. Praying! Thank you for going and being the hands and feet of Jesus. God is doing great things in and through you all, So encouraging to see and hear about it. I'm looking forward to discovering what God will do next. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete